Welcome to the Evoko Naso! This article here will give an overview of the necessary steps needed to get M365 connected to the Evoko Workplace. Once your organizations booking system has been connected to the Evoko Workplace you can then begin to add your buildings/rooms and install/connect your devices.
The Installation Process
- Step 1: Configure M365
- Step 2: Register a New Workplace Account
- Step 3: Create Organization
- Step 4: Sign up for Room Booking
- During this step the request is made to the Evoko Registration team to connect Evoko Workplace to M365 on behalf of the end user. Once the connection is made the end user can proceed to Step 5.
- Step 5: Grant Permissions to M365 and Add Buildings/Floors/Rooms to Workplace Organization
- Step 6: Claim Naso Device using Naso Device Setup App
To successfully setup Naso devices in your organization you will need the following:
- 📅 Booking system - Microsoft 365 environment (along with global admin privileges).
- ⬛ Naso devices - the devices themselves.
- 🌐 Network connection - wired Ethernet or Wi-fi (each Naso device needs internet access).
- 📱 iOS or Android device - used for claiming the Naso devices via Bluetooth (BLE).
The Naso ecosystem
Before jumping onto the next step it may be beneficial to familiarize yourself with the various touch-points of the Naso ecosystem. We've listed them below with a brief description:
- Naso devices - wall mounted touch screen devices used by employees outside meeting rooms.
- Evoko Workplace Admin - web interface used by admins for administering the Naso installation.
- Naso Device Setup - iOS and Android app used by admins to claim Naso devices via Bluetooth (BLE).
- Evoko Workplace - iOS and Android app used by employees for booking meetings etc.
Microsoft 365 End Points
- To connect all the touch-points together and integrate with your booking system (Microsoft 365) we manage a backend for you that is hosted on Microsoft Azure. The back end only supports a connection to 100% MS365, the product does not support any type of Hybrid or Custom Exchange Online environment. Naso is designed for 100% in cloud based solution, so the infrastructure will be based in fully cloud based in Azure. Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) doesn't support with naso booking system
Network communication between the various touch-points use
https/443 with the exception of Naso devices also using
http/80 during boot to synchronize time and date. Nothing unusual.
Internet Connectivity URLs
The Google DNS (188.8.131.52) is used as a default fallback and will also be used to perform network diagnostics: 184.108.40.206
If you are using the Naso on a wireless network you should know the Naso only works on 2.4Ghz wifi networks. We recommend using a wired network connection where possible.
Great! Now that you've read the introduction, move on to Step 1: Configure Booking System