This article covers some of the features available on Naso and how you can use them.
- Status colors
- Distant and close view
- Book meetings
- Check-in meetings
- Update meetings
- Report room equipment
- Admin menu
Naso will light up in one of three colors depending on room status:
- 🟩 Green - room is available for more than 10 minutes.
- 🟨 Yellow - room is about to be occupied in less than 10 minutes and/or requires check-in.
- 🟥 Red - room is occupied.
Distant and close view
Naso has built in sensors to detect if anybody is in close proximity and uses that information to determine in which of the following two modes to be in:
- Distant - from a far you'll see the room name, status and the current time in a larger font.
- Close - when approaching you'll see more details about the room and get access to actions like browsing the calendar, viewing & reporting room equipment and interacting with the timeline.
Some Naso features (depending on organization settings and package) will prompt for on-screen authentication expecting a 4-9 digit PIN or an RFID tag being scanned in the bottom right corner.
Naso integrates with your booking system (Microsoft 365) and will mirror the contents of a given room calendar on screen. For you booking the room this simply means - if you can book a meeting in the room calendar it will be displayed on Naso. Essentially there are 3 approaches of doing so:
- ⬛ Naso device - directly on screen.
- 📱 Naso Mobile - find and book rooms within the app.
- ⚙️ Any other app - (e.g. Outlook) that allows for room booking within your booking system.
To book a meeting on Naso simply press book and use the timeline or chevrons to adjust the time.
Tip! You can browse the room calendar or book future meetings by using the controls above the timeline in the top right corner. Tapping today will open a calendar to select the day.
Check-in is a great way to prevent "ghost meetings" 👻 that keep others from actually using the room. When enabled, check-in will be available on the Naso starting 10 minutes before the meetings start until 30 minutes after. On missed check-in the meeting will be ended short when check-in ends.
To check-in, simply press check in on Naso.
There are two available actions on Naso for updating an on-going meeting:
- End now - appropriate when your meeting ends early. This will shorten the meeting to the same minute it got ended and make the room free for others to book.
- Extend - appropriate when your meeting runs for longer than originally scheduled. This will prompt the option to extend the meeting with either 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes.
You can update future meetings too! Find the future meeting you'd like to update in the timeline, tap on it and press edit. That will allow you to adjust the time of the meeting.
Report room equipment
Reporting room equipment on Naso can be a good way of signaling to others that there are room equipment issues and notifies the person responsible through an automated email.
To report equipment on Naso press the room equipment icons in the top left corner, highlight the equipment you'd like to report by tapping the icons and press report to submit.
The admin menu is accessed via the report equipment screen (can be seen above ☝️) by pressing admin in the bottom right corner.
- Reboot - reboots Naso.
- Diags - opens a diagnostics app containing some utilities for testing hardware aspects.
- Licenses - shows a list open sources licenses for legal compliance.
- Reset now - resets Naso back to factory settings and wipes the existing configuration.
- Equipment management - clear reported room equipment or report issues by tapping the icons and pressing update.